domingo, 26 de novembro de 2023

Songwriter: Sean Rowe

"I cannot say that I know you wellBut you can't lie to me with all these books that you sellI'm not trying to follow you to the end of the worldI'm just trying to leave something behind
Words have come from men and mouseOh, but I can't help thinking that I have heard the wrong crowdWhen all the water is gone my job will be tooSo I'm trying to leave something behind
Oh, money is free but love costs more than our breadAnd the ceiling is hard to reachOh, the future ahead is broken and redAnd I'm trying to leave something behind
This whole world is a foreign landWe swallow the moon, but we do not know our own handOh, we're running with the case, but we ain't got the goldYet we're trying to leave something behind
My friends, I belive we are at the wrong fightAnd I can not read what I did not writeI've been to his house, but the master is goneYet we're trying to leave something behind
Now there is a beast who has taken my brainYou can put me to bed, but you can't feel my painWhen the machine has taken the soul from the manIt's time to leave something behind
Oh, money is free but love costs more than our breadAnd the ceiling is hard to reachOh, the future ahead is already deadAnd it's time to leave something behind
Now, I've got this feeling that I'm still at the shoreAnd pockets don't know what it means to be poorI can get through the wall if you give me a doorSo I can leave something behind
Oh, wisdom is lost in the trees somewhereOh, you're not gonna find it in some mental gray hairIt's locked up from those who hurry aheadAnd it's time to leave something behind
Oh, money is free but love costs more than our breadAnd the ceiling is hard to reachWhen my son is a man, he will know what I meant
When I was just trying to leave something behindAnd I'm trying to leave something behind

Sem comentários: